Last Updated on
This air fryer fried chicken will quickly become your family favorite! It is really easy to make, budget-friendly, and kids love it! Serve with a garden salad or some veggies of your choice for a complete healthy meal!
Air frying is now the best way to fry chicken! Much healthier than traditional deep frying cooks in less time, and STILL comes out crispy!
One of my favorite things about using the air fryer is that there’s not that lingering soul food kitchen smell like there is when you deep fry! Also, it’s great to use in the summertime when its already hotter than you know what, so you don’t have to worry about heating the house up!
If you are on the verge of buying an air fryer I really like this one! It works for large or small families and doesn’t steal all of your counter space.
Some other things that I use often when I air fry are:
Oil spritzer-you will need to lightly cover your food, so I really like this one!
Parchment paper liners– This makes for super easy cleanup, which I am all about!
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Air fryer fried chicken is 4 Smartpoints per chicken thigh if you are following Weight Watchers and this recipe serves 4.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Chicken
4 Chicken Thighs
3 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp seasoning salt
¼ tsp thyme
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Preheat air fryer to 350
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients (excluding the chicken) into a small bowl, mix well
- Brush each chicken thigh with oil mixture.
- Place chicken in the air fryer. Try not to overlap
- Cook for 10 minutes at 350
- Then flip and cook for another 10 or until crisp/internal temperature reaches 165.
Serves 4; 4SP per serving
Tips for Making Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Remember all air fryers are different, so if your chicken needs to be a little crispier just let it cook longer, and make sure you are using enough oil.
- Get these basting brushes to brush the chicken!
- If you would rather not have breaded chicken, here’s a recipe for just seasoned air fryer chicken.
- Feel free to switch up the breading, you can always use Shake and Bake, just flour, or whatever your favorite is
- Always preheat your air fryer
- When making air fryer chicken, be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 ( I love this thermometer!)
- Feel free to use chicken breast. “Fried” chicken is best when using chicken with skin, but if you want to lower the points you can use tenders or boneless skinless.
- Being a “fried” food air fryer fried chicken is best served immediately after cooking.
Other air fryer recipes you will LOVE!
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas