These delicious Air Fryer Donuts are perfect for everyone, including those of us who are…
Looking for a creative way to eat more quinoa? You are in the right place! Try these amazing buffalo quinoa fritters for a new twist on the standard quinoa bowl! Plus you get to use your Air Fryer! This batch serves four and each fritter is only 3 points each!! These buffalo quinoa fritters would go great with some zero-point veggies or a fresh salad!!
Need to know what all is on the ZERO point food list? Head to this post!
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Quinoa Fritters
Mix together 1 cup water and 1/2 cup quinoa in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Pour into mixing bowl and let cool.
While quinoa is cooking, cook chickpeas in their juice in another saucepan.
Smash the chickpeas with a spoon.
Mix cooked quinoa, chickpeas, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, in a large mixing bowl. Add more breadcrumbs as needed, until you can pick the mixture up.
Form quinoa/chickpeas mixture into small patties.
Add patties to air fryer basket; Fry at 350 for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy
Air Fryer Buffalo Quinoa Fritters
I absolutely LOVE watching recipe videos, so be sure to check it out below!!
Buffalo Quinoa Fritters
- 1/2 C. Quinoa Rinsed
- 1 C. Water
- 1 C. Cooked Chickpeas Garbanzo Beans
- 1/4 C. Hot Sauce or To Taste
- 1/2 C. Cheddar shredded low fat or fat free
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C. Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for Frying
- Mix together 1 cup water and 1/2 cup quinoa in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Pour into mixing bowl and let cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook chickpeas in their juice in another saucepan.
- Smash the chickpeas with a spoon.
- Mix cooked quinoa, chickpeas, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, in a large mixing bowl. Add more breadcrumbs as needed, until you can pick the mixture up.
- Form quinoa/chickpeas mixture into small patties.
- Add patties to air fryer basket; Fry @ 350 for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas