Air Fryer Empanadas Using 2 Ingredient Dough – 3 Points Weight Watchers Freestyle
Air fryer empanadas are the perfect lunch or dessert depending on your filling. Using 2 Ingredient dough keeps it healthy and easy! Weight Watchers friendly too!
My Air Fryer is getting a workout, and I literally should be buying stock in nonfat Greek yogurt and self-rising flour. Yes, this is the same dough that I used to make donuts, bagels, and funnel cake!
If you don't have an air fryer yet, check out this post to see which one will fit you best! I highly recommend either of the ones below!
Air Fryer Empanadas
Ingredients for Air Fryer Empanadas
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup self-rising flour, divided
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 cup cooked protein of choice (see notes)
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup salsa
pinch of salt
How to Make Air Fryer Empanadas
- Combine nonfat Greek yogurt plus 3/4 self-rising flour and 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Roll out onto floured surface using the other 1/4 cup flour.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out thin.
- Fill each section of dough with cooked meat (see notes), corn, salsa, and salt.
- Fold over, press edges with fork, eggwash (see notes)
- Preheat Air Fryer at 325*. Spray Air Fryer with noncook spray.
- Cook 1 empanada at a time in Air Fryer at 325* for 8-10 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Empanadas
- Eggwash: I tried one empanada with eggwash just on the top, and one with egg wash on both sides. The egg wash on both sides yielded the best results.
- Due to differences in altitude, brands of flour, etc, you may need to cook for longer or shorter periods in time. Keep that in mind if yours are too doughy or crispy
- In my opinion, Fage Greek Yogurt works the best when making anything that involves 2 Ingredient Dough
- Want to see more recipes using 2 Ingredient Dough?
Weight Watchers Info for Air Fryer Empanadas
The entire batch of dough is 11 points. The meat you use will determine your points, but if you use boneless skinless chicken breasts or meatless crumbles, each empanada will be 3 points.
Combine nonfat Greek yogurt plus 3/4 self-rising flour and 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Roll out onto floured surface using the other 1/4 cup flour.
Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out thin. Fill each section of dough with cooked meat (see notes), corn, salsa, and salt.
Fold over, press edges with fork, eggwash (see notes).
Look how huge these empanadas are!! For THREE POINTS!
Preheat Air Fryer to 325*. Spray Air Fryer with noncook spray. Cook 1 empanada at a time in Air Fryer at 325* for 8-10 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 5-7 minutes. (Due to differences in altitude, brands of flour, etc you may need to cook for longer or shorter periods in time. Keep that in mind if yours are too doughy or crispy.)
Do Air Fryer Empanadas store well?
If you would like to make a big batch of the dough, it stores up to 10 days in the fridge using an airtight container. The BEST way to reheat empanadas is by the oven or air fryer for a few minutes. You can use the microwave, the dough just won't be as crispy.
Other Variations of Air Fryer Empanadas
- Beef and Cheese
- Spinach and Cheese
- Veggies Lovers
- Meat Lovers
- Apple Cinnamon
- Peaches and Cream
- Fresh berries
- Sausage and eggs
- Bacon, eggs, and cheese
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas