Last Updated on
Air fryer frozen french fries will quickly become your go-to side dish, especially for your kids! Air frying French fries cook in half the time and are WAY crispier!
I absolutely HATE making frozen French in the oven! Every time the directions specify 20-30 minutes, the fries are like limp noodles! So what started as a quick side dish, ends up taking longer than the main course, especially if I use my Instant Pot or air fryer.
Don’t worry, because I have solved all of your problems! Several members of my Facebook group said that they made fries but were not a fan. So today I promise you are going to have perfectly, cooked fries that are crispy and healthier than deep-frying! Oh yeah, and don’t forget in less than HALF the time!
If you are on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, you can have air fryer frozen french fries too!! 3 ounces of fries (about 14)=5 Smartpoints.
First and foremost, you will need an air fryer, I recommend this one!!
Here's a little secret…if you have an Instant Pot…you can use this to make it an air fryer too!!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 bag of frozen fries (I love Checkers and Ore Ida Crinkles)
- Oil for spritzing
- Optional: Salt, pepper, or seasoning salt
Tips for Making Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- DO NOT OVERLOAD YOUR AIR FRYER. This is the number one reason for them not turning out correctly. Air fryers cook by convection, so if the heated air does not reach all the food evenly, the fries will be undercooked. If you are making a larger portion, cook in batches and keep the cooked fries in the oven on warm.
- This is the oil spritzer I use, you do not want to saturate your food.
- You can line your air fryer with these, which makes for minimal clean up ( I am all about that!)
- If you choose to make homemade fries, you can cook them the same way, just lower the time since they aren’t frozen
Directions for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees
- Dump fries into the basket or spread out on the pan (this will depend on which model you have)
- Spritz with oil (olive oil) then season.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Check fries about halfway through to see if the basket needs shaking or if they need to be turned. Cook to desired crispiness.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas