This air fryer fried chicken will quickly become your family favorite! It is really easy…
Lucky for you, you have just found the BEST air fryer falafels around! They are healthy, crispy, and lifestyle friendly (Weight Watchers, vegan, and vegetarian)! If you are on the WW Freestyle plan, air fryer falafels are just 1 Smartpoint per 5 patties. Total servings = 5. Be sure to account extra points if you use the dipping sauces, wraps, or pitas.
Air Fryer Falafels
Before we get started, just know that you will need a food processor and air fryer for these falafels! If you don't have an air fryer, you can find out more about those here! I also like to use parchment liners and an oil spritzer whenever I use my air fryer.
What is a falafel?
As fancy as falafel sounds, it’s essentially mashed chickpeas that are usually deep-fried. Most of the time they come fried as balls or fritters and are served up on pita bread or on a wrap. Falafels are known worldwide but are a staple of the Middle East.
Dipping Sauces for Air Fryer Falafels
If you like a spicier sauce, you can use siracha (as seen in the video). Air fryer falafels can also be served with Weight Watcher Friendly Ranch or Spicy Mayo. See below on how to make the dipping sauces.
0 point Weight Watcher Ranch
Mix 1 cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (unsweetened) with 2 teaspoons ranch mix. Serve cold.
Weight Watcher Friendly Spicy Mayo ( 8 Servings, 2 tablespoons per serving = 3 pts)
Mix 1 cup mayo with 2 tablespoons Sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
How To Eat Falafels
Air Fryer falafels can be dipped like a fritter in the sauce of your choice. You can also put these on a pita and serve with lettuce, tomato, and onion along with the WW ranch, IP hummus, or spicy mayo. If you would rather eat falafels on a wrap, try these Wellness Wraps. If you are on WW the wraps are ONLY 1 point each and they are HUGE!
Variations of Air Fryer Falafels
If you already know you like a spicier taste, you can add the sriracha into the falafel mixture along with cayenne pepper or green chilies.
Want more flavor? Add more cilantro, a curry powder, or some cardamom.
Another “sauce” to serve falafels is Instant Pot Hummus (great when serving on pitas).
Tips for making Air Fryer Falafels
- These falafel patties/fritters are best served warm after being cooked.
- If you want to freeze some for later, don’t cook them. Just layer the uncooked falafel patties on parchment paper or saran wrap and place in a Ziploc bag. Then thaw in the fridge before cooking. Cook times may vary at this point since they will not be room temperature.
- If you want to reheat them, I recommended reheating in the air fryer or oven versus the microwave.
- Canned chickpeas are quicker and easier to use, but you could also soak dried chickpeas if you have time
- If you hate cleaning up after cooking, grab some of these slotted air fryer parchment liners
- Get this oil spritzer to use when you air fry, it’s amazing!!
If you love using your air fryer don't forget about these recipes!
2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 -1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/4 -1/2 cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1/2-3/4 of a cup of onion, chopped, red or white
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 lemon, juice only
1 teaspoon salt
Optional: 2 tablespoons of sriracha
Spray olive oil, for cooking
In your food processor, add all ingredients. Pulse until mixture comes together in a rough paste.
Don't over pulse, the falafel mixture shouldn’t be completely smooth.
Shape the falafel mix into tablespoon-sized patties, about 1-inch in diameter.
Spray the air fryer basket with some nonstick olive oil or use parchment paper. Add as many falafel patties into the basket as you can without them touching and spray them with olive oil very lightly.
Air fry for 8 minutes at 350. Flip and fry for another 6 minutes on the second side.
Repeat until you use all the falafel mix. You should get 25 to 30 falafel patties.
Servings: 5 (5 falafels per serving) 1 SP per serving
Best Ever Air Fryer Falafels--Just 1 Smartpoint!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 -1/2 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ -1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½-3/4 of a cup of onion chopped, red or white
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of sriracha
- Spray olive oil for cooking
- In your food processor, add all ingredients. Pulse until mixture comes together in a rough paste. It shouldn’t be completely smooth.
- Shape the falafel mix into tablespoon-sized patties, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Spray the air fryer basket with some nonstick olive oil or use parchment paper. Add as many falafel patties into the basket as you can without them touching and spray them with olive oil very lightly.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 350. Flip and fry for another 6 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat until you use all the falafel mix. You should get 25 to 30 falafel patties.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas