Pressure cookers and Instant Pots seriously make dinner easier than ever! Considering chicken is a…
Make the best Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches you can imagine right from home! The beef is cooked until far apart tender and the flavor is out of this world!
I just love a good french dip sandwich. Ever since I have gotten my Instant Pot and air fryer I try to make as many meals with them as I can. It's so much easier and clean-up is a breeze! Two things I really love when I am looking to make dinner!
This recipe for french dip sandwiches is actually super easy to make and we are also including instructions for the slow cooker! If you are on Weight Watchers, point values are going to vary greatly depending on what type of cheese you use and the type of bread you pick. Read until the end for the best options to reduce the point values.
We love serving these sandwiches with air fryer frozen french fries (crispy every time!) or air fryer frozen tater tots, again both of these are such easy side dishes to keep this a weeknight-friendly meal!
Ingredients for Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Olive Oil – this is so we can sear the meat, you just need a little bit to keep it from sticking. The best oils to use are coconut, avocado, or extra virgin olive oil.
Chuck Roast – top roasts are typically leaner than the average chuck roast. Just be sure to trim off the excess fat
Spices – salt, pepper, garlic power, onion powder
Beef broth – we love using organic, low sodium beef broth
Au Ju Mix – you can find this on the aisle with gravy mixes and seasonings
Cheese – you can choose your favorite, traditionally provolone cheese goes well with french dips
Bread or Buns – You don't have to eat your french dip on bread, totally your choice! When you are in a pinch you can also use hamburger or hotdog buns. This also helps to control portion sizes if you are into that! You can also make a batch of 2 ingredient dough bagels!
How To Make a French Dip Using the Instant Pot
First, you will want to let your Instant Pot heat up after choosing the saute function. Then you can add in the oil to sear the meat.
Before adding your meat, season it with the spices and make sure it is covered as best as possible.
Now you can sear the meat on all sides. Use tongs to help turn the roast.
Once the roast is seared, remove it from the Instant Pot and pour in your beef broth. This will deglaze the inner pot so you don't get a burn notice later on.
Add the roast back to the pot and pour the au jux mix over the meat.
Close with the lid and cook for 1 hour and 40 minutes on high pressure. Once it's finished let it release naturally for about 20 minutes, then quick release.
Time to shred and serve! Discard the fat if any and serve with cheese!
How To Store
You can store the leftover roast for up to three days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it for later, which is a great way to cut down on waste and have an easy meal for later. We love freezing leftovers with our vacuum sealer. It's easy to use and keeps food from getting freezer burn.
Are French Dips Gluten Free?
This will depend on what type of cheese and bread you choose. Naturally the meat is gluten free. For choosing a gluten free cheese, skip the ones labeled reduced fat, low fat, or fat free. Cheeses that are minimally processed typically are free of gluten, but always check the labels.
For the bread, you would have to choose gluten-free bread or eat the meat cheese. I'm not complaining, when it comes to leftovers we typically ditch the buns anyway!
Tips for Special Diets and Weight Watchers
If you are looking to cut some carbs you can have this delicious french dip without the bread. On Weight Watchers this is only 6 points per serving when using regular cheese (Sargento Provolone).
The healthiest bread option would be to choose a whole grain or whole wheat variety. Here you can find the best bread for people on WW.
For low carb lovers, Prevention has created a list of 15 Best Low Carb Bread Options that is definitely work checking out!
Slow Cooker Instructions for French Dips
You can sear your roast on the stove before adding to the crockpot if you choose, but it's not necessary. Rub the roast with spices and add to the slow cooker. Then add the beef broth and au jus mix. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
More Instant Pot Recipes You Will Love:
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Ham
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Pin For Later!
Instant Pot French Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional for slow cooker
- 3-4 pound chuck roast lean and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups beef broth organic and low sodium
- 1 packet dry au jus mix
- Provolone cheese optional
- Buns for serving optional
- Turn Instant Pot on and set to Saute
- After it warms up, add oil
- Rub roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Sear the roast on all sides in the Instant Pot, remove and set aside
- Add in broth to deglaze the bottom of the pot (so you don't get a burn notice later)
- Place the roast back into the pot and sprinkle the au jus mix over top
- Close the lid, turn the valve to the sealing position, and cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 40 minutes
- After cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 20-25minutes, then perform a quick release to release the remaining pressure
- Remove lid and transfer meat to plate to shred
- Serve with bun and cheese or without either!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freeze for later!
Slow Cooker Instructions
- You can sear the roast on the stove or skip this step
- Rub roast with seasonings and place it in the slow cooker
- Top with au jus mix and add in beef broth
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
- Weight Watchers Meal Plan Week 4 + FREE Download and Shopping List!
- Instant Pot Printable Meal Plan
- Freestyle One Week Meal Plan
- Free Printable Meal Plan
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below: To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
- Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
- 2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
- 2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas
Make sure you check out and grab our printable shopping lists below to make it easy when you are in store to grab the best WW FreeStyle friendly foods and snacks!
- Costco Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Walmart Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Target Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Aldi Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Trader Joe's Shopping List