This Instant Pot Chicken will become your new favorite, especially if you are low on…
Pressure cookers and Instant Pots seriously make dinner easier than ever! Considering chicken is a ZERO-point food on the Weight Watcher Freestyle plan, I am constantly trying to cook up something new and different, as it gets old eating plain chicken all the time. With Chinese being one of my favorite cuisines, I came up with Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken! Let me just say, this quickly became a family favorite. Plus, it’s a great alternative to take out.
While I use my Instant Pot for this teriyaki chicken recipe, you can use any pressure cooker.
Typically, I also serve this up with a side Instant Pot Lo Mein, you can find that great side dish recipe here. You could also make some steamed veggies (ZERO points) and end dinner with this chocolatey treat!
Instant Pots are definitely the way to go in the summertime! You can still have a delicious home-cooked meal without heating the whole house! But, be sure to check out the TIPS above the recipe, especially if you want to switch it up as a slow cooker/crockpot teriyaki chicken recipe.
Don't forget to see my favorite, MUST HAVE kitchen gadgets!
This one below is the actual model for mine. I opted for the 8 quart so that I didn’t have to worry about needing more room when feeding more people or doubling pressure cooker recipes. Matter of fact, I have 3!!
See my other famous Instant Pot recipes below, all of them are Weight Watcher Friendly too!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup (a #1 reader favorite from Slap Dash Mom!)
Easy Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken-WW Friendly
Ingredients for Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
2 1/2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breast diced.
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce (low-sodium)
1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 minced Garlic cloves
½ cup water or fat-free low sodium chicken stock
Optional 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch and water to mix for a slurry
Optional garnish: diced green onions and sesame seeds
Tips for Cooking Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- You can also combine all liquid ingredients first, then pour over the chicken.
- If you wanted to use whole chicken breasts, you can just adjust your time. Then just shred it after it finishes
- Like spicy? Add some sriracha or diced jalapenos!
- Please use low sodium soy! If not you may find it a little too salty!
- If you like a little more of an Asian flavor, don’t be scared to add a little rice vinegar.
- For a more “saucy” version, Dip the chicken out into a bowl. Press cancel, then sauté. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Gradually add in the cornstarch slurry, while constantly stirring. This will thicken the liquid if you wanted to have more of a sticky sauce to top the teriyaki chicken.
How to Make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Pour 1/2 cup of water into Instant Pot. Place diced chicken in the pot
Pour the remaining ingredients for the teriyaki chicken on top
Set Instant Pot on High Pressure (Manual) 12 minutes. Then quick release when finished.
Enjoy your delicious, savory Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki!
Servings: 8 (Serving size is considered 4oz which is about 1 cup.) 4 points per serving
Serve with steamed veggies or this lo-mein, just remember to add in the points if you are tracking with Weight Watchers.
Be sure to check out the video below!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken-WW Friendly, ONLY 4 Smart Points!
- 2 1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breast diced.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- ½ cup water or fat-free low sodium chicken stock
- Optional 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch and water to mix for a slurry
- Optional garnish: diced green onions and sesame seeds
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into Instant Pot. Place diced chicken in the pot. Pour the remaining ingredients on top. Set Instant Pot on High Pressure (Manual) 12 minutes. Then quick release when finished.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Cooking Teriyaki Chicken in the Slow Cooker
If you wanted to turn this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken into a slow cooker version, just combine all of the ingredients, minus the cornstarch slurry. Then cook on low for 2-3 hours. If you would like the sauce to be thicker (after it’s finished cooking) slowly stir in the slurry and let it simmer another 15 minutes. If you wanted the teriyaki sauce to be thinner add a little water or chicken stock until desired consistency.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas