Instant pot mac and cheese is a family favorite! Anytime you have a get-together, this…
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer for parties, game day, and even on the weeknights! Super easy to make and can be added to tacos, sandwiches, and more!
There's something about buffalo chicken that just gets me every time. No matter where I'm eating or who's serving food, if buffalo chicken anything is an option, I'm getting it. Not sure if it's the cream cheese, the spiciness, or both… but damn! I can't get enough! This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip will satisfy your craving, any day of the week!
Dinner time can be hectic. Sometimes you just want some “game day” food, and that's exactly what this recipe is. We love the buffalo chicken dip because it's easy to make, and full of flavor. You can make it hotter by adding cayenne or Sriracha, or you can make it not as hot by using less wing sauce. You can dip veggies like celery, or you can go all out and use tortilla chips. If you aren't counting calories or carbs or points, you can even dip mozzarella sticks. Oh man… now I'm hungry. Onto the recipe.
If you haven't gotten the Instant Pot yet, or if you are on the fence, here's the one I use! Also, if you want to see more of my favorite kitchen cookware and gadgets head on over here!!
Want more dip recipes?? Check out some of my favorites below!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken – we used boneless skinless breast, but since we are going to shred it anyway, you can use what you have
- Chicken broth – Not only does this give the dip flavor, but it also helps to pressurize and keeps from giving you the burn notice
- Cream Cheese – use your favorite, if you are following WW use fat-free. Don't forget to give it time to soften!
- Sour cream – as a healthier swap you could always use a half and half mixture and add some greek yogurt.
- Wing sauce – Of course we use Frank's!
- Taco seasoning – use store-bought, or you can make a batch of homemade salt-free taco seasoning that keeps for months and you don't have to worry about running out!
- Cheese – our go-to is cheddar cheese, but feel free to switch it up!
How To Make Buffalo Dip in the Instant Pot
Combine chicken and chicken broth in your Instant Pot. Seal and cook for 15 minutes on the POULTRY setting or high pressure. Do a quick release. Pour out onto a cutting board and shred or dice. Rinse/dry out your basin, then start steps to make buffalo dip.
Let your cream cheese come to room temperature, then cube it.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, wing sauce, taco seasoning, chicken, and water in your Instant Pot. Seal the lid, and set for 5 minutes on high pressure. Vent (quick release), open the lid, and sprinkle in your cheese.
Be sure to stir it up good to make sure the cheese is good and melted! Then serve with your favorite veggies, chips, or pretzels!
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crockpot?
Yes! Simply combine all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2. For parties and gatherings, once it has fully cooked just keep it on the warm setting.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You Will Enjoy:
Pin for Later!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 block cream cheese fat-free
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ⅓ cup Frank’s buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- To cook chicken, combine both ingredients in your Instant Pot, seal, cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Do a quick release.
- Pour out onto a cutting board and shred or dice.
- Rinse/dry out your basin, then start steps to make buffalo dip.
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature, then cube it.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, wing sauce, taco seasoning, chicken, and water in your Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid, and set for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Vent, open the lid, and sprinkle in your cheese.
- Stir thoroughly so that cheese is incorporated, then serve with chips, veggies, or pretzels.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas