I will continue adding recipes until I run out of vintage recipe cards, so be…
Churros are a great treat for Cinco De Mayo, or any day, really. However, they require a bit more work than I like to put in. For this easy Cindo De Mayo dessert, you just need a few ingredients and a few minutes!
Easy Churros Recipe
2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 pkg Flour Tortillas
1 cup Sugar
Vegetable Oil or butter
How to Make Churros
This is a simple treat that the kids can help you make!
Cut tortillas 2 to 3 at a time into triangle wedges about the size of your favorite tortilla chips. In a paper bag, combine one cup sugar with 2 tbsp ground cinnamon and mix. Set the bag aside.
In a small saucepan add two cups of vegetable oil and put on medium heat. As soon as the oil is heated, drop a handful of flour tortilla wedges into the pan. Let chips fry for one minute, stir and allow to fry for another 30 seconds. Scoop tortilla wedges out of the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
Before tortilla wedges have completely dried, but have cooled enough to handle, drop them into the bag of cinnamon and sugar and toss them around. Place churro chips on a clean plate. Repeat till all the tortilla chips have been completed. Enjoy as is or dip in melted chocolate!
What's your favorite Cinco De Mayo dessert?
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pkg. Flour Tortillas
- 1 C. Sugar
- Vegetable Oil or Butter
- Cut tortillas into triangle wedges.
- Combine one cup sugar with 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon in a bag. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat two cups of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, drop a handful of flour tortilla wedges into the pan.
- Let chips fry for one minute, stir and allow to fry for another 30 seconds.
- Scoop tortilla wedges out of the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- When tortilla wedges are cool enough to handle, scoop into bag of cinnamon sugar and shake until covered.
- Serve alone or with melted chocolate for dipping. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.