Looking for a creative way to eat more quinoa? You are in the right place!…
These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges are made with just 3 ingredients including Everything Bagel Seasoning that adds the perfect touch of savory flavor! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for an easy air fryer side dish!
Have you been dying to make homemade sweet potato wedges in your air fryer, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet? Or maybe you thought the recipe would be too hard?
We are here today to walk you through step by step how to make the best air fryer potato wedges plus some tips and tricks!
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about actually cutting the potatoes into wedges.
How To Cut Potato Wedges
Start by cutting both ends off of the sweet potatoes and use a peeler to remove the skin. If you want to leave the skin on you can totally do that as well!
Then place each potato on its side and cut it in half lengthwise.
Now lay the flat side down on your cutting board (at this point you would be looking at the skin side.) Cut them in half again.
Turn the potato (skin side is now down) and cut right down the middle.
Depending on the side of your potatoes, or the size you want the wedges to be, you can cut them in half width-wise as well.
Tips for Cutting
Use a larger chef's knife to make one clean cut each time. It’s harder to make wedges if you are using a smaller knife or paring knife.
If you are using a cutting board that is glass, place a paper towel underneath to keep it from sliding around.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potatoes – you will need just 2 for this recipe. They should both be about the same size and try to grab ones that are on the medium side rather than the extra-large ones.
Oil – you can use olive or avocado oil
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning – Trader Joe’s actually coined this seasoning, but now you can find it pretty much everywhere!
How to Make Homemade Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Follow the instructions above for cutting the potatoes into wedges.
In a large mixing bowl, pour in the oil and bagel seasoning. Then add the sweet potato wedges and stir or toss to coat.
Prep your air fryer basket if needed by using a little bit of non-stick cooking spray, or a parchment paper liner.
Add the coated potato wedges into the basket. Try to make sure they are in a single layer.
Cook for 10 minutes at 370 degrees. At the halfway mark, turn the potatoes or give the basket a good shake, and finish cooking.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips for Making
Be sure you don’t overload your air fryer basket. This will result in soggy wedges or take a lot longer to cook.
Try to make sure your potato wedges are equal in size.
You can double or triple the recipe, you will just need to make them in batches. To keep the other warm, place your oven on the lowest setting and add them to a small baking pan.
Why Are My Potato Wedges Soggy?
Just a note, all air fryers cook differently! Be sure to not overcrowd your basket. If the cooking time has ended and they are still not crispy, continue cooking but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Do You Have to Soak the Potatoes Before Air Frying?
No. I’m sure you have heard this about regular potatoes and especially when they are being deep-fried. I can’t really explain why we didn’t have to. I just know that we did not soak ours and they came out just fine!
Follow the same instructions for prepping the wedges, and coating them with the oil and seasoning.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Once the oven has preheated, cook the sweet potato wedges for 30 to 45 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love:
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Tater Tots | Frozen to Crispy in Less Than 20 Minutes!
- Air Fryer Meatballs| Easy and Delicious + Video!
- Blueberry Banana Muffins | Instant Pot | Oven | Air Fryer + VIDEO!
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp oil or less if needed
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut into wedges after peeling. If you want to leave the peeling on, go straight to cutting.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sweet potato wedges and toss with the oil and Everything Bagel seasoning until they are coated evenly.
- Add the sweet potato wedges in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 370 degrees, shaking the basket after they have cooked for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- After you after cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and coated them with the oil and seasoning, add them in a single layer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes flipping them as needed.
- If you need help with cutting the potatoes into wedges, scroll to the top of this post for tips.
- To reheat cooled sweet potato wedges in the air fryer, cook for 2 to 3 minutes at 370.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
- Weight Watchers Meal Plan Week 4 + FREE Download and Shopping List!
- Instant Pot Printable Meal Plan
- Freestyle One Week Meal PlanFree Printable Meal Plan
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below: To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
- Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
- 2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
- 2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
- 2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas
Make sure you check out and grab our printable shopping lists below to make it easy when you are in store to grab the best WW FreeStyle friendly foods and snacks!
- Costco Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Walmart Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Target Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Aldi Shopping List
- Weight Watchers Trader Joe's Shopping List