Last Updated on
This Spinach and Chickpea veggie burger is a vegetarian's dream! With the perfect consistency and delightful taste, you will be WOWed! A great alternative for traditional burgers and Weight Watchers Friendly!
Chickpea veggie burger recipes can be hard to find! What's even harder is for them to taste good and have the right consistency! As you can see this chickpea veggie burger is holding its own! Delicious, healthy, and vegetarian!
If you are following the WW Freestyle plan each pattie is 4 Smartpoints. If you choose to use a bun, add the points accordingly.
Naturally, Ella has these awesome Chickpea and Spinach Veggie Burgers on her blog. So awesome, in fact, that they inspired me to try my own. However, I'm really picky when it comes to spices, so I changed her recipe up a bit. Instead of onions and oregano, I used crushed red pepper flakes (which I use on everything), and garlic.
Dress up your own veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion! Or whatever toppings you would normally eat when making traditional burgers.
If you hate pattying out burgers, which I really do, you can get this little gadget to make perfect burgers every time! Along with this budget-friendly food processor, which is a life changer for under 50 bucks!
Don't forget that you can make chickpea veggie burgers in the air fryer too!! Keep scrolling for instructions!
Other Vegetarian Recipes You Will Love!
Spinach and Chickpea Veggie Burger Recipe
Ingredients for Spinach Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (or 2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt to flavor
Instructions for Spinach Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined.
- Shape patties.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes on each side. The outsides will be brown and crispy.
Tips for Making Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- If you want to add cheese and are following Weight Watchers, use fat-free for zero points
- Here is my favorite food processor to use!
- Feel free to use other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or pepper
- If you need to make the chickpea veggie burger gluten-free, change the flour and breadcrumbs to gluten-free
- Trying to get these on the grill may be a little difficult because they are softer than meat patties, so if you do use a grill pan
- Wanna freeze chickpea veggie patties? Just separate with parchment paper, or use a food saver.
Making Spinach Chickpea Veggie Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Preheat Airfryer to 350
- Cook chickpea veggie patties for 5 minutes on 350
- Flip, then cook for 3 more minutes
Tips for Making Chickpea Veggie Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Use parchment paper to line air fryer, this makes the burgers mess-free and nonstick. Plus these liners are made specifically for the air fryer so they are slotted and already cut for size!
- Times and temperatures may vary depending on model of the air fryer.
- If you have frozen patties be sure to cook them a little longer.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas