Instant pot cabbage is a healthy, quick and easy side dish that is ready in less than 15 minutes! Only a few ingredients with minimal clean up makes for a great weeknight side or you can serve up a crowd!
Who else had to eat greens for their New Year’s Day meal? As a kid, this was a must but I just couldn’t stomach collards! So my mom always may cabbage with it!
As I got older, I kind of forgot about cooking cabbage outside of using it in slaw. So, when I first got my Instant Pot I was like, I should totally try it! Well, it was a hit, and it’s a super-fast side dish which is a plus!
While there are all kinds of cabbage and even different colors, I just use the standard green head of cabbage about medium-sized.
Other Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Applesauce
Other Side Dishes
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole (Coming Soon)
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Roasted Artichokes with Remoulade
Instant Pot Cabbage
Ingredients for Instant Pot Cabbage
1 head of cabbage
1 small onion
½ to 1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp of thyme
1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
How to make Instant Pot Cabbage
- Cut cabbage into squares (around 1×1) and dice onion.
- Pour broth into the Instant Pot
- Add in spices and stir.
- Mix the cabbage into the liquid and spices.
- Place the on the Instant Pot and set the knob to sealing position
- Pressure cook on manual/high for 3 minutes.
- Quick-release and serve!
Tips for making Instant Pot Cabbage
- If you want your cabbage softer cook for 5-8 minutes.
- After you check the cabbage at the 3-minute mark, once it has released, you can always use the sauté function to continue cooking it for a little longer
- Don’t fill the instant pot past the max fill line!
- Feel free to add butter or vinegar before serving, if you are on WW just be sure to account for the points.
- If you want to bacon, before putting anything in the instant pot, start with the sauté function to cook it a little. Then press cancel/stop. Afterward, follow the regular instructions.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas