Naturally Ella has these awesome Chickpea and Spinach Veggie Burgers on her blog. So awesome, in fact, that they inspired me to try my own. However, I'm really picky when it comes to spices, so I changed her recipe up a bit. Instead of onions and oregano, I used crushed red pepper flakes (which I use on everything), and garlic.
I really enjoyed making these burgers! Add some cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo even... dress it up just as you would any other burger, and tell me what you think once you've tried them!
See even MORE Vegetarian Recipes!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (or 2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt to flavor
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined.
- Shape patties.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes on each side. The outsides will be brown and crispy.