Lo Mein is one of our favorite vegetarian dinners, so trying Instant Pot Lo Mein…
Our Instant Pot is getting a workout! This Instant Pot Hummus is something the kids have been asking for quite some time now, so I'm glad we were able to try it.
Instant Pot Hummus Recipe
Ingredients for Instant Pot Hummus
16 oz dry chickpeas (or 2 cans)
2 tbsp tahini paste (can remove to make 0 points)
3/4 cup water for dry chickpeas, 1/3 cup water for canned
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp cumin
Pinch of salt
½ tsp smoked paprika for garnish (optional)
Fresh diced parsley for garnish (optional)
Making Instant Pot Hummus is super easy and fast, and you have tons of options as far as adding (or subtracting) ingredients. We like ours with extra garlic and I usually add cayenne, too!
Pour dry chickpeas (or drained canned chickpeas) into pressure cooker. Cover with water, seal the lid, and cook on “Manual” for 8 minutes. Quick Release and remove chickpeas from basin, then drain.
Combine chickpeas, tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth and lump free.
Pour into a bowl, stir a few times, and garnish with smoked paprika and parsley. Serve with veggies, pretzels, or chips.
Instant Pot Hummus Recipe
- 16 oz dry chickpeas or 2 cans
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 3/4 cup water for dry chickpeas 1/3 cup water for canned
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika for garnish optional
- Fresh diced parsley for garnish optional
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, pour into pressure cooker. Cover with water, seal the lid, and cook on “Manual” for 8 minutes.
- Quick Release and remove chickpeas from basin, then drain.
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth and lump free.
- Pour into a bowl, stir a few times, and garnish with smoked paprika + parsley.
- Serve with veggies, pretzels, or chips.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Recipe submitted by Jess Toothman. If you'd like to contribute your own recipes, please use the contact form on the Contact page!
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas