Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy
WW friendly! Perfect for the holidays!
Last Updated on
This Thanksgiving just got easier with Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy! What an easy way to cook a delicious turkey dinner. Also, WW friendly for only 6 points!
Thanksgiving can be SO overwhelming, and even worse for the Weight Watchers lifestyle because you literally eat ALL day!
If you are in charge of the turkey this year, I highly recommend this Instant Pot turkey breast! Not only does it save time, but there’s hardly any cleanup. This recipe is also great if you are feeding a small family, but if you need more you can always make multiple batches.
While we always think of turkey breast at Thanksgiving, you can have this dish year-round with it being cooked in the Instant Pot and you don’t have to buy a 20-pound turkey!
The gravy is delicious too, but if you don’t want to make it from scratch I actually like McCormick’s gravy mixes!
Also, I LOVE using Nature’s Seasoning when cooking, it doesn’t take much and it can be used on pretty much anything.
Other Dishes Perfect for Thanksgiving
- Green Bean Casserole (Coming soon)
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Zero-point cheesecake
- 1 Point Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
If you are new to using pressure cookers or Instant Pot, I really recommend the 8-quart version. You never have to worry about running out of the room, and it’s easier if you decide you want to cook something bigger like ribs, a pot roast, or Boston butt.
Already have an instant pot? Be sure to check out these accessories that are super handy!
Servings: 6-8, 3-4 oz per serving = 6 Smartpoints
Instant Pot Turkey Breast and Gravy
Ingredients for Instant Pot Turkey Breast
2- 3 lbs boneless turkey breast
1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
1 tbsp thyme
6 tbsp butter (softened)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Natures seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken stock, reduced-sodium
For the gravy:
How to Make Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Mix together butter, herbs, garlic, salt, and Nature’s Seasoning.
- Divide the butter mixture into equal parts putting some under the skin, brushing the tops of the turkey breast, and leaving the rest for after the turkey breasts are broiled
- Add the chicken stock to the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and then place the turkey breast on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Set to manual/high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the Instant Pot release naturally.
- Take the turkey out of the Instant Pot and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a brush to baste the turkey breast with the remaining butter paste and broil until it is browned approximately 8-10 minutes. Or use a crisper lid if you have one
To make the gravy
- Transfer half of the broth from the Instant Pot into a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, make a paste with your flour by mixing 1 to 2 tablespoons with an equal amount of water.
- Whisk (constantly) the paste into the broth and simmer until the gravy thickens.
- Adjust seasonings to suit your taste
Tips for Making Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Don’t overfill the Instant Pot. If you need to cook more, just do it in batches, then broil all at once.
- If you aren’t a fan of stronger rosemary, reduce the amount. Also, if you like more of a garlic taste use more minced garlic or opt for fresh cloves.
- Letting the butter soften up is key to making the paste, if you don’t have time to leave it out for it to reach room temp, just soften in the microwave
- While the Instant Pot can cook frozen meats, it's best if the turkey breast is thawed to really get it rubbed with the seasonings good.
- If you need a basting brush, I really like these.
- The crisper lid basically turns your Instant Pot into an air fryer, if you use one of these be sure to remove all of the broth from the inner pot. Then replace turkey breast. You make need less time, so just keep an eye on the browning process.
- When you make the gravy, you may need more or less flour. The idea is to turn it into a paste, then whisk constantly so there are no lumps.
- Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper makes for easy cleanup! If you don’t have any, just lightly coat the baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas