Last Updated on
Instant Pot applesauce is a great snack and kid-friendly food! Using the Instant Pot makes applesauce a perfect option for meal prep! Weight Watcher friendly, ZERO points!
Homemade applesauce sounds like a daunting and tedious task, but using your Instant Pot is a game changer!
Making Instant Pot Applesauce ensures natural ingredients with no added sugar, which is always a factor when buying prepackaged items at the store. Not to mention this is a family-friendly recipe and Weight Watchers friendly for ZERO points!
Related: Over 40 Weight Watchers Snack Ideas-6 points and under! (Coming Soon)
To make this a literal grab and go snack, grab some of these reusable pouches! They aren’t just for kids either; these are great if you are driving in the car and really need a quick snack!
If you want a little more guidance on choosing apples, here is a great guide on sweetness, how good they are for cooking, and other tips!
Instant Pot Applesauce
Ingredients for Instant Pot Applesauce
2 lbs of apples (I prefer Honeycrisp), peeled
1/2c to 1 cup of water
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Optional: brown sugar
How to Make Instant Pot Applesauce
- Peel all the apples and slice into wedges (no core!)
- Combine all ingredients
- Set valve to sealing position and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to blend.
- Serve warm or cold. Stores in refrigerator up to a week.
Servings: 5; 1 cup per serving; ZERO WW Smartpoints
Tips for Making Instant Pot Applesauce
- Depending on what apples you choose, the applesauce may be sweeter or tangier.
- Setting aside time to meal prep into 1 cup portions makes this an easy grab and go option.
- Potato mashers work well, but if you need an immersion blender I recommend this one
- If you want some variations on applesauce add a lemon juice followed by whatever fruit you want to add! (Ex. pineapple, peach, blueberry, etc.)
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas