Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are one of the easiest things you will ever make! You can keep them whole and just slice and add your favorite toppings, or mash and serve for your favorite side dish! Quick, easy, great for the holidays, and family-friendly!
Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without sweet potatoes. Am I right?
But most of the time if you are on Weight Watchers you may think potatoes are a No, No. Now they don’t have to be! With only 3 points per potato, you don’t have to wait until the holidays to indulge!
If you are ready to jump on the Instant Pot train, I have this one! Instant Pots make life easier by cooking food for less time, easy cleanup, and makes cooking fun again! Also, if you are looking for ways to keep food from sticking, most of the time this happens with some meats and cheeses, you should definitely invest in this inner pot!
Be sure to check out these other favorites + great for holidays:
Green Bean Casserole (Coming soon)
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
2-4 Sweet Potatoes
1 cup of water
How to Make Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet inside, then place the potatoes on top.
- Turn valve to the sealing position, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes*
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- If you plan to mash the sweet potatoes, peel the potatoes then use a potato masher or hand mixer.
- For “baked” sweet potatoes, just slice them open, then use your favorite toppings!
Toppings for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter (5 Smartpoints)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter ( 5 sprays = ZERO points)
- Brown Sugar (1 tsp = 1 Smartpoint)
- Mini Marshmallows (melted, 10 = 1 Smartpoint)
- Smucker’s Sugar-Free Caramel Topping ( 2 tbsp = 3 Smartpoints)
- Pecans (1/4 cup = 6 Smartpoints)
Weight Watchers Points for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- If you are mashing the potatoes ½ cup is 3 Smartpoints; the servings will depend on many potatoes you are using, but the serving size does not change.
- If you aren’t mashing, 1 medium sweet potato is 4 points before adding your toppings.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- When choosing your sweet potatoes just know the size will depend on the cooking time. For small sweet potatoes, lower the time, for medium sweet potatoes go with about 15 minutes, For large sweet potatoes, I would only recommend using these if you wanted to mash them, and time them for about 25-30 minutes. The larger sweet potatoes will obviously have more points, but if you aren't following WW then be my guest :)
- Do not overload your instant pot
- Using a hand mixer makes it super easy to make the mashed version, and you can use the mixer directly in the Instant Pot.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas