Air fryer empanadas are the perfect lunch or dessert depending on your filling. Using 2…
I must say, I absolutely LOVE my air fryer! All of those foods that you thought would be off-limits when making a lifestyle change, they don't have to be! These air fryer calzones are really going to be your next favorite meal!
As always, you can switch the ingredients to your liking. If you are on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan just be sure to account for point difference.
Related: Don't have an air fryer yet? Find out more about them here! Below is my favorite!
Just so you know ahead of time, you can make the calzone dough by using a store-bought dough or you can use this calzone dough recipe which is what I use! Substituting the store-bought dough for the dough I use lowers the overall points which is always a great thing!
You can use these to cut the calzone dough after you have kneaded it!
Looking for more recipes to make in your air fryer? Check these out!
Air Fryer Calzones
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
⅓ cup of shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken
1 batch 2-Ingredient dough
1 1/2 ounces or 6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat)
You can add in more veggies or swap out the chicken for lean ground turkey.
In a medium pan over medium-high add onion and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Cover and cook until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from the stove
Stir in marinara sauce and chicken.
Use the calzone dough recipe to make and roll out onto a floured surface
Divide dough into 4 pieces. Use a cookie cutter to cut if needed.
Place a quarter of the spinach mixture and a quarter of mozzarella cheese on one half
Fold dough over filling to form half-moons, pinching edges to seal. Coat calzones well with ICBINB
Place calzones in the air fryer basket or on the pan, and cook at 325°F until dough is golden brown for 8 minutes, then flip for another 4 minutes
Serve with 0 Point Ranch or marinara sauce.
Each air fryer calzone is 4 Smart Points each. This recipe makes 4 calzones.
Air Fryer Calzones Weight Watcher Friendly
- 10 Sprays of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup of shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 batch 2-Ingredient dough
- 1 1/2 ounces or 6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese low fat
- You can add in more veggies or swap out the chicken for lean ground turkey.
- In a medium pan over medium-high add onion and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add spinach; cover and cook until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove; stir in marinara sauce and chicken.
- Use the calzone dough recipe/2 ingredient dough; knead and roll on a floured surface
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Use a cookie cutter if needed.
- Place a quarter of the spinach mixture and a quarter of mozzarella cheese on one half.
- Fold dough over filling to form half-moons, pinching edges to seal.
- Coat calzones well with ICBINB.
- Place calzones in the air fryer basket or on the pan, and cook at 325°F until dough is golden brown for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas