Instant Pot Beef Stew
The BEST Beef Stew You Will Ever Taste!
Instant Pot Beef Stew is a hearty, filling meal and great for a crowd! Ready in only 30 minutes, mouthwatering and super tender!
Yeah so I know Arizona weather doesn't really call for the typical fall favorite foods BUT I can never pass up on this Instant Pot Beef Stew. I love that I can make this for dinner so quickly on a busy night and I never have to worry about forgetting to start my crockpot…BEEN THERE DONE THAT! Did you know you could make beef stew in the Instant Pot?
What is an Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot has taken the nation by storm over the past couple of years. Basically, it is a brand name of a pressure cooker that is also multifunctional. It allows you to cook foods for a shorter amount of time and is a healthy alternative to other cooking methods.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
Between my air fryer and my Instant Pot; I haven't really used my stove or crockpot in so long. It is nice not having to be a slave to the stove. Here are some of my other favorite Instant Pot recipes:
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Stew
1 – 32 oz container beef broth
6 carrots; quartered
4 stalks of celery; chopped
2 – 1lb packages of beef stew meat
1 white onion; diced
3 red potatoes; diced
2 tablespoon garlic
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon maggi (found in the international section)
How to Make Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
- Set instant pot to saute mode. In the instant pot, add in meat and onions. Brown meat and turn off saute mode.
- Add in carrots, celery, potatoes, and cover with beef broth. Fill with water to fill line.
- Stir in garlic, bay leaves, maggi, salt, and pepper. Place lid on Instant Pot. Set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the pot is done counting, release pressure.
- Add two tablespoons of cornstarch to 1/3 cup water. Whisk well. Pour into Instant Pot stirring frequently.
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Bring to a low boil until cornstarch has thickened the broth then turn off saute and set to keep warm.
Weight Watchers Information for Instant Pot Beef Stew
Serves 8 (about 1 cup per serving); each serving is 6 points!
Tips for cooking Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Don't skip out on the saute step. This really helps to lock in the flavor! And it doesn't take much time.
- If you have more time you can let the Instant Pot naturally release.
- Need the beef stew to be a little thicker? Add a little more of a cornstarch slurry then finish cooking to the consistency of your liking.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas