Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Weight Watchers Friendly & a Great Holiday Side Dish
Cheesy green bean casserole is a great low point side dish, and ready in under 30 minutes! Delicious, cheesy and perfect for any meal! With super simple ingredients, you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to make it!
I don’t know about you, but at my family, Thanksgiving green bean casserole is ALWAYS on the menu! The typical green bean casserole has fried French onions, which I am in love with! I can usually finish off the can just while I am cooking, but they are not as WW friendly as I would like.
So I decided to omit those (I know, so sad) and switch up my recipe just a tad. Generally speaking, I would use about ¾ of a cup, which is 9 Smartpoints!
Since I am a foodie, I figured it would be best to just cut those out and save my points for dessert!
If you are here because you are looking for Weight Watchers friendly Thanksgiving ideas, you’ve come to the right place! But remember, this cheesy green bean casserole doesn’t have to be for holidays alone!
Going to a gathering and need to carry this on the go? Be sure to grab one of these casserole dish carriers! They have really good insulation so you don’t have to worry about reheating when you arrive.
Other Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Recipes:
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Ingredients for Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
4 cups of canned green beans (french style)
1 medium onion, chopped
Several sprays of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or minced garlic for more flavor)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
12 oz can of low-fat cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup low-fat milk
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Optional: You could also add mushrooms or water chestnuts
How to Make Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open and drain green beans and set aside.
- Cook chopped onions in ICBINB on medium heat for 5 minutes to brown and cook until translucent while adding Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- In mixing bowl combine milk and mushroom soup, mix well.
- Fold in onions and green beans to the soup mixture.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in the oven to cook for about 25-30 minutes.
Servings: 4; 1 cup = 3 WW Freestyle points (Smartpoints)
Can I make green bean casserole ahead of time?
Absolutely! And the casserole is still delicious! If you want to make cheesy green bean casserole ahead of time, follow the instructions and instead of baking right away, store in an airtight container, like with these pyrex casserole dishes with a lid. I wouldn’t make this in advance past the 2-day mark
Tips for Making Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- If you decide to add in mushroom, cook those in with the onions and butter. If you add water chestnuts, you can just mix those in with the beans without additional cook time.
- Remember if you are on WW, and decide to use the fried onions, ¾ cup = 9 points, ½ cup = 6 points, and 1/3 cup = 4 points
- If you need more servings, just double the recipe, or cut the serving size in half then the cheesy green bean casserole would serve 8 instead of 4.
- Did you forget the cream of mushroom soup like I always do? This mom has come up with a substitute
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas