Last Updated on
Air fryer apple chips are a wonderful and healthy snack, especially if you are on Weight Watchers! They are easy to make and only a couple of ingredients! Plus this really takes the craving away from needing something crunchy!
While air fryer apple chips are a perfect fall snack, they are great for year-round! Also, your kids will love them and can be healthier at the same time!
Everyone in my house loves Honeycrisp apples (of course because they are the most expensive!), but you can use whatever variety you like best. Aldi and Lidl's usually have great prices on produce, so you wanna save a little on fruits and vegetables I would head there!
Just a little friendly tip here! Every year when the fair comes to town we always go to the old-timey part and get an apple from this little old man. There's really NOTHING special about the apple itself. BUT he uses this neat little gadget! At the time we impulsed bought thing while we were there, of course overpaying.
In regards to the peeling and coring process before making air fryer apple chips, you can get that handy gadget here AND NOT OVERPAY as we did!! It’s all about the experiences right??
Just so you know I LOVE my air fryer and all the accessories, see what MUST-HAVES you need to get the most out of your air fryer!
Here's a little info about choosing apples, if you want to see more tips and how to choose the right apple head over here!
Sweeter Apple Varieties
- Pink Lady
Tangier Apple Varieties
- Golden Delicious
- Granny Smith
Air Fryer Apple Chips
Ingredients for Air Fryer Apple Chips
Apples (the amount will depend on how many servings you want)
1 tsp cinnamon
Oil for spritzing
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Preheat air fryer to 390.
- Using the apple peeler and corer or mandolin, slice the apples sideways on a thin setting
- Spritz apple with a little oil, add cinnamon and salt and cover the apples (if you are using sugar, add it here).
- Add apples to air fryer basket or pan. Be careful to not overfill/overload.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip or shake basket about halfway through.
- Let the apple chips rest a few minutes before eating.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Remember that all air fryer models differ for times and temperatures.
- The sweeter the apple variety, the less sugar you will want to use (if you are using sugar at all)
- Apple chips are best served warm.
- If you are planning to save some for later, store in an airtight container.
- Apple chips will soften after being stored.
- Heres the oil spritzer and mandolin I use.
- You can always omit the oil if you would like, but the apple chips may be less crispy.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas