Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a light, but filling meal that is perfect year-round! Filled with veggies and a splash a lime juice to merry together all of the flavors!
The best thing about making Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is that you can add additional veggies or omit the ones that you don’t like! Either way, the taste is still great and cooks the same in the Instant Pot.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use any kind of electric pressure cooker. However, if the pressure cooker does not have the Saute function, you will just do that on the stovetop.
This easy soup recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, how’s that for a quick meal! Not to mention for all of my friends on Weight Watchers, it is low in points! Full Smartpoints information below.
Ingredients You Need For Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Spices- garlic powder, bay leaves, chili powder
Feel free to add other fresh vegetables and herbs to make it your own!
How To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to the sealing position and set the manual pressure to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
Tips for Storing Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
When storing in the refrigerator, use an airtight container or mason jar for up to 5 days. This soup freezes well too! My favorite method to freeze soups is to put them in Ziploc bags so they can lay flat without taking up so much space!
Weight Watchers Points for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Servings: 4-6, point values are based on 5 servings. Blue and Green plan: 4 points; Purple Plan 1 point. To lower Smartpoints, reduce or omit potatoes.
Come find me and JOIN my Weight Watchers Air Fryer & Instant Pot Facebook Recipe Group. We all know how hard it is to do it alone. We are a community of people who post recipes, share tips and ideas and inspire one another every day! We can't wait to meet you!!
Check the bottom of this page to Download my FREE WW Cookbook & Tips Guide. You will LOVE it!!
This is my ZERO Point food list. Book mark the page and refer back often. Loading your fridge and pantry with these ZERO point foods is tip #1 for weight loss success.
Meal plans help me stay on track. Here are some of my favorites!
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!
2 Ingredient Dough Recipes
Ultimate 2 Ingredient Dough Guide
2 Ingredient Dough Pizza
2 Ingredient Dough Pot Pie
2 Ingredient Dough Pop Tarts
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 Ingredient Dough Bread Bowls
2 Ingredient Dough Empanadas
Make sure you check out and grab our printable shopping lists below to make it easy when you are in store to grab the best WW FreeStyle friendly foods and snacks!
Ever panic and wonder what to eat at your favorite restaurants? Well, I do too! That's why I created and LOVE my restaurant guides. Check them out here and be sure to email me and let me know any others you'd like to see:
Subway Weight Watchers
Cracker Barrel Weight Watchers
Chic Fil A Weight Watchers
Chipotle Weight Watchers
Olive Garden Weight Watchers
Red Robin Weight Watchers
Taco Bell Weight Watchers