Creating an Instant Pot Meal Plan is super easy with Pinterest and the amazing amount…
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is so easy to make and can be used in so many other dishes! Just the right amount of heat from the buffalo sauce and great for meal prepping.
When it comes to making chicken recipes, buffalo chicken is by far one of my favorites! I love the fact you can use it so many ways and it’s full of protein and low in carbs.
Not to mention, it’s crazy just changing the sauce up transforms the entire dish!
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
packet of ranch seasoning – we are only going to be using half of the packet, so you can save the rest for later
Salt and pepper – just to season, so you won't need a ton
boneless skinless chicken breasts – you will need about two pounds. I used chicken that was smaller, if you use bigger pieces you may need to increase the cooking time.
Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
How to Make Shredded Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot
Pour the Franks buffalo sauce into the bottom of the inner pot.
After you have seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper, lay it on top of the sauce and sprinkle ranch seasoning.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position.
Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes, then release the pressure quickly
Shred the chicken and place it back in the sauce to coat well.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
Absolutely! Add the chicken to the bottom of the crockpot.
Season with salt, pepper, and sprinkle the ranch on.
Pour in the buffalo sauce.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Once it has finished cooking, shred the chicken and return to the sauce before serving.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken?
I haven’t tested this recipe using frozen chicken, but the Instant Pot is excellent at cooking frozen poultry.
You will want to add about a ¼ – ½ cup of water or chicken broth in the bottom with the buffalo sauce.
Depending on the size of the chicken (boneless), you will need to pressure cook it using high pressure for 15 minutes. Just to be safe, let it naturally release for 10-12 minutes after it has finished cooking.
Be sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees before serving.
What if My Chicken Isn’t Cooked All the way?
You can add it back to the Instant Pot for an additional 2 minutes on high pressure. Don’t worry, it won’t take nearly as long to come to pressure, since you just used it and it’s already warmed up.
Ways to Serve Buffalo Chicken
- Lettuce wraps
- On a salad
- By itself
- On a bun – you can treat this like a BBQ pork sandwich and add all of your favorite toppings.
- Use smaller buns for sliders – this is an easy game day dish!
- Over regular or cauliflower rice
- Tacos – using corn or flour tortillas
Easiest Ways to Shred Chicken
While two forks can be easy enough you can also use meat claws to shred the chicken. But an easier way is to use a hand mixer and you can have shredded chicken in under 2 minutes!
How to Store
Once the chicken has cooled, transfer it to a container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Is it Okay to Freeze Buffalo Chicken?
Sure! I recommend freezing buffalo chicken in individual portions so when it comes time for your use, you can grab what you need without having to reheat an entire batch!
Tips for Making
- If you like a spicier sauce, use more of Frank's Buffalo sauce before or after cooking.
- You can add a little Ranch or Blue Cheese if it’s too spicy straight from the Instant Pot.
- I like a saucier recipe, but if you want to reduce the amount of sauce, after you shred the chicken, place it in a different bowl. Then pour in buffalo sauce from the Instant Pot a little at the time.
- If you would rather dice the chicken instead of shredding it, that’s fine too!
More Instant Pot Recipes You Will Love:
- Instant Pot French Dip
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- How To Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy
- Easy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes | Mashed or “Baked”
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- 1/2 packet of ranch seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts small to medium in size
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- Pour the Franks buffalo sauce into the inner pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then place on top of the sauce, sprinkle ranch seasoning.
- Pressure cook on high for 11 minutes, then release manually.
- Take the chicken out to shred, then add it back to the sauce and stir to coat.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low-point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!