We don't really experience winter here in Arizona like most of the country does, but…
60+ Mother Daughter Date Ideas That Are So Much FUN!
Here's a list of over 60 Mother Daughter Date Ideas! Whether you want to have a date at home or get out of the house, this list has something for everyone!
Looking for something fun to do with your kids? Or maybe you're the one looking to have a fun date with your mom. Either way, these Mother Daughter Date Ideas will get the brainstorming process going!
Have one once a month, or even once a week if your schedule allows. Building a strong mother daughter relationship is important and what better way to do it than with quality time together? Mother-daughter dates help accomplish just that!
Mother Daughter Date Ideas
Mother Daughter Date Ideas – Staying at Home
- Start a mother/daughter journal
- Learn a few words in a new language! Try sign language.
- Netflix + popcorn
- Boardgame night
- Video game night
- Sundaes + movie
- There are so many cute accessories to have an ice cream sundae bar!
- Picnic at home
- I love our picnic basket and blanket! We use it all of the time. They really come in handy too if you decide you want to picnic at a park or somewhere else besides your home.
- Theme dinner – from another country, era, etc. pretend you're really in that place/time!
- Even dress up with what you can find from around the house to make it more fun!
- Use some of your old makeup to give each other makeovers.
- Build Legos
- This is one of our favorite hobbies, and I am actually a sucker for the huge sets!
- Spa Night
- Build a blanket fort
- Have a fancy candlelit dinner
- I'm actually super nerdy when it comes to the stars! I think its absolutely mesmerizing. If you have never looked through a telescope it will quickly become your new hobby! I recommend this telescope for beginners and kids! This constellation book is pretty cool too! Your kids will love it, but it's better for when they are a little older, at least 7+.
- Fashion Show + Makeovers
- Write a story together, then act it out.
- Write your own book
- Here's a super cool kit that is designed for kids to draw out their own book, it has everything you need!
- Have a baking night
- This Unicorn Cupcake decorating kit is one of my girl's favorite! If you want something you can use all the time, this is an awesome baker's decorating kit! Try my cupcake recipes
- Have a dance party
- Scavenger Hunt
- Camp out in the backyard
- Do some science experiments
- If you have never shopped the science section on Amazon it is AWESOME! There are so many ideas and creative kits that kids absolutely love!
- Play Mad Libs
- Put together a puzzle
Mother Daughter Date Ideas – Cheap Outings
- Go to the farmer's market
- Visit an outdoor festival or craft show
- Window shopping + ice cream
- Volunteer together
- Photoshoot around the city
- Visit the children's museum
- Visit the library or bookstore
- Go out for ice cream
- Visit a local park
- Also, check your local parks, sometimes they do movie nights and have other activities that are broadcasted a lot.
- Coffee/Cocoa Date
- Go see a movie
- Go during the day and during the week for cheaper rates!
- Mini Golf
- Visit a thrift store
- Go for a Hike
- Go site seeing
- This is really fun and cheap to do! Learn more about Geocaching.
- Take a bike ride
- Visit the trampoline park
- Visit the pet store or humane society
Mother Daughter Date Ideas – Craft Night
- Rock painting
- Make Lego Crayons
- DIY Bath Bombs for Kids
- Create a Zen Garden
- Paint pottery
- Make a Bird Nest Necklace
- Create beautiful wood working projects like these
- Paint a canvas
- Make a scrapbook
- Duck tape crafts
Mother Daughter Date Ideas – Under $100 Outings
Be sure to check out sites like Groupon. Most of the time they have deals going on for local events that you can get much cheaper prices!
- Go to a concert
- Go see a ballet or play
- Take a class together (at a craft store, or at a gym)
- Michaels Craft Store offers monthly classes and some are strictly for kids. Also, keep an eye on Lowe's Home Improvement calendar, they offer classes on Saturday mornings for building things.
- Go to a fancy restaurant – get all dressed up too. How often do you get the chance to dress up after all?
- Have tea and scones at an upscale location
- Check your local American Girl Stores or fancier hotels, usually, they have a monthly calendar where they host events.
- Visit an amusement park
- See a show, such as Disney on Ice
- Take a trip to the zoo
- Go ziplining
- Go to a paint studio
- Go to a real spa
- Get tickets to a sporting event
- Take a day trip to a nearby town, walk around and have lunch at someplace new.
One thing I know for sure is that time flies by and we never get enough time to spend with our mother or daughter (respectively). Set up a special date now and stick to it. And whatever it is your choose to do, do it regularly – without fail. Enjoy, laugh and hug each other as often as possible!!
I hope you enjoy.
Leave a Reply