Looking for something fun to do with your kids? Or maybe you're the one looking to have a fun date with your mom. Either way, these Mother Daughter Activities will get the brainstorming process going! Have one once a month, or even once a week if your schedule allows. Building a strong mother daughter relationship is important and what better way to do it than with quality time together? Mother daughter dates help accomplish just that!
Mother Daughter Date Ideas
– manis + pedis
– go shoe shopping (or window shoe shopping)
– netflix + popcorn
– board game night
– video game night
– go to the farmer's market
– visit an outdoor festival or craft show
– learn a few words in a new language! try sign language.
– start a mother/daughter journal
– sundaes + chick flick
– go see a ballet or play
– visit the children's museum
– picnic at home
– photo shoot – at home or around the city! This is one of the ways I bond with Gracelynn, all the time.
– window shopping + ice cream
– theme dinner – from another country, era, etc. pretend you're really in that place/time!
– coffee date (cocoa for the little ones) – at home or out at Dunkin Donuts
– volunteer together
– go to a concert
– take a class together (at a craft store, or at a gym)
– hit up a thrift store | see my goodwill finds
– fashion show + mini makeovers
– go for a hike
– take a boat ride
– write a story together
– act out the story you wrote!
– spa night | DIY brown sugar scrub
– craft night | duck tape crafts
– yoga | yoga for kids dvd
– roller skate
– paint pottery (at home or at a paint your own pottery place)
– blanket fort!
– ice cream sundae buffet + dancing
– pretend it's a different season (summer in winter, winter in summer)
– dinner by candlelight
– mystery movie night – make food that has to do with the movie, have the kids guess which movie it is
– dance til you drop night!
– jewelry making party | diy birds nest necklace
– mcdonald's ice cream + play area
– cheap movie theater
– tea and scones + audrey hepburn movies
– photo shoot at home – dress up, do makeup, take glamour shots
– mini golf
– frozen yogurt!
– play at the park (yes, you have to go down the slide too!)
– scavenger hunt (at home or even at the mall!)
– camp out – in the living room, or in the backyard (like we do!)
– visit a cave
– go ziplining!
– start a garden
– play a sport (go to the batting cages!)
– read a book together
– train for a 5k, then do one together!