These Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries are super fun to make, full of festive colors, and…
Witch Hat Cookies are exactly what you need for your next Halloween party! Not to mention they are easy to make, so perfect for a last-minute Halloween treat!
I love making holiday treats, especially when they are easy but Pinterest-worthy! Gathering everything you need for a Halloween party can be stressful, so I try to come up with easy ideas that can be thrown together in a pinch!
These witch hat cookies are great for letting the kids get together and be creative. They are easy to customize and you can do so many different things with them! Swap out the candy for your favorite! Grab different colored icing to jazz the witch hats up, and the list goes on!
More Easy Last Minute Halloween Treat Ideas:
- Easy Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easy Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Easy Halloween Bark
- Bloody Band-Aids: Last Minute Halloween Snack
What You Need For Witch Hat Cookies
Depending on how many witch hat cookies you want to make will depend on much of each ingredient you will need.
Sugar Cones – small enough to fit on the Moon Pies as hats
Mini M&Ms – make it more festive by using Halloween colors
Chocolate chips – as a healthier option use Lily’s Chocolate
Decorator Icing – I chose to use purple, you can use multiple colors if you want!
Coconut oil – this is to thin the chocolate, you can use the oil you have
Paint Brush – for brushing on the chocolate
*If you are going to use icing that doesn’t come in a pouch with a tip, you will need piping bags and additional decorating tips such as the kind that comes in Wilton’s cake and decorator kits.
Follow these Steps to Make Witch Hat Cookies
Add about a cup of chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Add in a little oil to help thin the chocolate.
Microwave in 20-second increments, being careful not to overcook.
Repeat this step as many times as needed until the chocolate comes out smooth. You may need to make multiple batches depending on how many witch hat cookies you are going to make.
As a surprise, you can fill the inside of the cone with m&ms or skip this step and move on to the next.
Flip the cone on top of the moon pie, using the paintbrush, paint a thin layer around the edge to secure the cone to the moon pie.
Then add a chocolate layer over the entire cone.
Add a band of icing around the bottom of the cone, then place the m&ms around for decoration.
More Variations of Witch Hat Cookies
- To make the witch hat (cone) white, just use white chocolate instead
- Swap the M&M’s out for reese’s pieces instead
- Instead of Moon Pies, substitute Fudge Stripe Cookies
- You can also use your favorite cookie for the base, add a dollop of icing or melted chocolate then place a Hershey kiss on top.
- Add nuts, cookie crumbles, or more candy on the sugar cone before the chocolate dries.
Easy Witch Hat Cookies
- Moon pies
- Sugar Cones
- Mini M&Ms Halloween colors
- Chocolate chips
- Decorator Icing choose your favorite colors
- Coconut oil any oil will do
- Add the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl with a little oil. Microwave in 20 to 30 second increments until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- If you want to add the candy inside the sugar cones you can, if not skip this step.
- Place the sugar cones on top of each moon pie. Brush on a little of the melted chocolate around the edges to make sure the cone attaches to the moon pie.
- Paint the sugar with the melted chocolate.
- Add a small band of icing around the base of the cone.
- Decorate with candies!
- The amount of ingredients will vary based on how many witch hat cookies you want to make. This recipe is very forgiving, so don't worry about exact amounts! :)
- For more ideas on how to make different kinds of witch hat cookies, see the variations above the recipe card.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
You simply MUST try my ZERO points Cheesecake Recipe
Have you made up a batch of my 2 Ingredients Dough yet? It's AMAZING stuff!! Use it to make low-point bread bowls, pretzels, bread sticks, bagels, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls & more. Check out the Recipe Guide & Individual Recipes below:
To entice you, watch this Video for the 2 Ingredients Bagel Recipe – you will LOVE it – total YUM!!