Looking for an amazing time in Arizona? Look no further than my Arizona Bucket List! Many of our favorite stops aren't on the Weird Arizona list, but you should check them out, too!
Arizona Bucket List
1. Hole in the Rock at Papago Park – Have a picnic, take some pictures, impress your friends!
2. Grand Canyon – I didn't learn this until I moved to Arizona, but the Grand Canyon isn't just a one-stop kind of adventure. There are tons of different spots to visit, see, and even camp at! Many guides are available to make your trip perfect. Pictured above: Horseshoe Bend
3. Coyote Buttes – Ride the “wave”! It's an easier hike than Havasu Falls, but a little more difficult than Antelope Canyon – you'll hike to get to the famous WAVE to take pictures. Pack lots of water, though, because there's NONE along the way! No streams, nothing.
4. Antelope Canyon – Made world famous by National Geographic, Antelope Canyon is one of those “must see” spots – you've gotta add it to your bucket list! They don't allow free hiking in, so you'll have to pay the Res fee and hire a tour guide, but it's worth it.
5. Havasu Falls – It's a 10 mile hike in, and a 10 mile hike (uphill!) out, but Havasu Falls is one of the most breathtaking spots on Earth. Well worth the trip, but one you want to take a few days for. They have helicopter tours in as well, but they'll cost you about $200.
6. Lost Dutchman – This state park, named after the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, is located 40 miles east of Phoenix. You'll need to pack lots of water for your hike – it'll be fairly challenging.
7. Phoenix Art Museum – It's free on Wednesdays!
8. Schnepf Farms – The Country Store is full of fresh baked pies, and they have a “pick your own” garden which is awesome! They have peach picking, apple picking, and a great Fourth of July event.
9. Queen Creek Olive Mill – When you visit Schnepf, make sure you head across the street to the Olive Mill. You'll see a lush garden, tons of olive trees, and taste the best coffee of your life (at Superstition Coffee, located inside the Olive Mill). Can't make it to the QC? Superstition roasts daily and ships their coffee beans all over the United States!
10. Ride Bike Trail 100 on Tatum Trailhead. It's 11 miles, and it's a pretty flat ride so it's fine for intermediate riders – no expertise needed. Well, except knowing how to change a flat tire since that tends to happen ANY time I ride a bike in Arizona. Pack your camera – it's one of the most scenic routes around.
11. Tovrea Castle – Located in East Phoenix, this castle is a great photo opp!
Looking for more fun? Visit the Pinterest Party!
Summer Fun Blog Hop Participants:
- How to Hunt for and Find Antiques – Tips by Paula Atwell
- From Sea To Shore Collection by Vinn Wong
- Huckleberry Ice Cream by Corrinna Johnson
- Summer Garden Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing by Kristen Carrasco
- Campfire Skillet Apples by Ann-Marie Baker Rohe
- Summer Staircase Refresh by Megan Chamberlin