Mocha is my absolute favorite type of cupcake. If my other mocha cupcake recipe didn't get you hooked, this Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcake Recipe will!
I used the large Star Tip in this kit to frost these cupcakes. I've found it's the easiest to use and yields the prettiest results without any effort.
Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Frosting of choice (I used chocolate fudge)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add in milk, coffee, and melted butter.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
Don't forget to pin this recipe! :)
Recipe adapted from All Recipes