Most of you know that I don't even really like cupcakes. I like making them, and I absolutely love decorating them, but when it comes to eating them… they're usually just not worth the calories for me. However, this Strawberry Vanilla Cupcake Recipe (from Martha Stewart) is a total game changer.
If you like it, PIN IT!
You can make these cupcakes for Valentine's Day, or any occasion really. They are super moist and are perfect with strawberry icing on top.
Strawberry Vanilla Cupcake Recipe for Valentines Day
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the half & half, vanilla, and diced strawberries.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for about 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before icing.
You can get the French Poodle cupcake toothpicks for about $10.00 on Amazon.