Check out this easy spaghetti casserole recipe! I've finally gotten back on track with weekly…
Macaroni Casserole is a favorite in our house, but we are always looking for ways to add a little extra protein to our dinners! This protein packed macaroni casserole is sure to be a hit at your house – it was at mine!
macaroni & cheese (boxed is fine but I don't recommend Kraft)
breaded fish fillets
ranch powder or garlic salt
You can replace the fish with chicken or any other protein-packed ingredient. The greek yogurt and broccoli add protein, too.
Spray casserole pan (we used a skillet) with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
Prepare macaroni and cheese, and fish. Set aside.
Steam broccoli, cook mushrooms.
Put all cooked ingredients together in a bowl – add sriracha, greek yogurt, and ranch powder. Stir well. Then, pour into casserole pan and add shredded cheese.
Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
Protein Packed Macaroni Casserole
- Macaroni & Cheese homemade or boxed
- Breaded Fish Fillets Chicken, or other Protein
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Ranch Powder or Garlic Salt
- Sriracha optional
- Spray casserole dish and set aside.
- Prepare Macaroni and Cheese per directions.
- Cook fish fillets or other protein of choice and cut into pieces.
- Steam broccoli.
- Cook mushrooms.
- Mix all cooked ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add Greek Yogurt, Ranch powder or garlic salt, and Sriracha (optional) and mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.