Are you ready for the easiest Ornament Cupcakes Recipe you've ever seen? Grab a box…
I'm heading to a screening of Oz the Great and Powerful on March 4th! So, of course, I had to make some Oz Inspired Cupcakes! These are fun and easy to make. My friend, Savanah, also posted a St. Patrick's Day version of these cupcakes!
Oz the Great and Powerful is THE movie to see this year. If you miss every other movie, you need to see Oz the Great and Powerful! With Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, James Franco, Rachel Weisz, this movie is going to be so awesome!!
Watch the Oz the Great and Powerful trailer if you haven't already!
Oz Inspired Cupcakes
These cupcakes are all about presentation, so it's not necessary to bake them from scratch… but if you want to get all Suzy Homemaker on me, go ahead and find a great vanilla cupcake recipe and go for it. Meanwhile, I'm gonna crack open this box mix and get working.
Cotton Candy Frosting
1/2 cup butter
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs milk
1 package Cotton Candy flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
See Oz the Great and Powerful on March 8th in theaters everywhere!!
P.S. Check out the Oz Party that Brit + Co put together!
- 2 C. Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 C. Butter softened
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Essence Optional
- 1/2 C. Butter
- 3 C. Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Pkg. Cotton Candy flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
- Place paper or foil liners in muffin tins.
- In medium bowl, combine butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to butter, sugar, and eggs - alternating between them until well beaten.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Divide evenly in cupcake tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan.
- While cupcakes cool, make Cotton Candy Frosting by mixing butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, milk, and Cotton Candy flavored Duncan Hines Frosting Creations together.
- Frost cupcakes when cool and decorate.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.