Cupcake With a Mini Cupcake on Top
Oh. My. Goodness. My friend, Tammy, sent me a photo of a cupcake that looked kind of like this one, and I fell in love right away! With me being on a total cupcake kick lately, I knew I had to make them.
If you're looking for unique and Easy Valentines Day Cupcake Recipes, look no further!
I made the frosting using a basic buttercream recipe, and added two tablespoons creamy peanut butter. You can use whichever frosting recipe you'd like, just make sure it's not too light – it needs to be stiffer than regular frosting.
Also check out: Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
French Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Miniature Reese's, for topping
- Sprinkles, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until well blended.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add in flour mixture, then the milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full and bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting and adding miniature Reese's.