Mocha is my absolute favorite type of cupcake. If my other mocha cupcake recipe didn't…
To make these Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, use the Best White Cake Recipe from AllRecipes. Add in white chocolate pudding mix, and white chocolate chips.
To make the hearts on top, the key is to make the hearts (just like I made the decorations for my Christmas Cupcakes) with a “stem” at the bottom. I melted the almond bark, and then drew the hearts out on the cookie sheet. Leaving the stem at the bottom ensures that you see the entire heart when you place it on the cupcake!
*Don't judge me for using a stock image. ;) My photos were just not working with me today. :(
Spicy Whipped Frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sprinkles or chocolate shavings, optional
- Combine heavy cream, cocoa and powdered sugar.
- Mix on high for 1-2 minutes, or until soft peaks have formed.
- Add in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix again, until stiff peaks have formed.