This margherita pizza recipe is really simple, so be sure to include the kids when…
Greek Style Pizza Recipe
With the Oscar’s just around the corner, you’ve probably started to salivate over the hundreds of delicious-looking appetizer recipes popping up all over the internet. From hearty chili recipes to cheesy dips, there are an endless number of party appetizers out there just begging to be gobbled up, which can make it difficult to narrow down your appetizer options!
If you’ve been scouring the Internet for appetizers like I have, you may have noticed that there are a lot fewer vegetarian recipes out there than meaty ones—which is where this recipe for Greek-Style Pizza comes in! You absolutely don’t need meat for yummy and indulgent finger-foods, and the more veggies you include the better you can feel when you eat half the tray!
This Mediterranean-inspired pizza is loaded with spinach, diced tomatoes and artichokes, and topped with tangy tomato-basil feta that adds terrific flavor. Since it’s made on phyllo dough instead of pizza dough, it’s much less heavy than your typical delivery pizza so you won’t get a tummy ache halfway through. Plus, tomato recipes tend to be much better for you than all of those sour cream or cream cheese-based snacks. Cut it into as many pieces as you need—the smaller the bites, the easier they are to eat. Enjoy!
Greek Style Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min – Total Time: 30 min
8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (14×9-inch sheet)
PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 14 oz can Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/3 cup sun-dried tomato basil flavor crumbled feta cheese (about 2 oz)
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a large ungreased cookie sheet; lightly spray with cooking spray. Repeat layering with remaining phyllo, lightly spraying each layer with cooking spray.
Crumble spinach over phyllo; top evenly with tomatoes, artichokes and feta cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer pizza to a large cutting board. Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut pizza into equal pieces to serve.
Author Bio: This is a post for Meredith K. on behalf of Hunt’s®. For more vegetarian tomato recipes and other easy appetizer ideas, visit www.hunts.com.
Greek Style Pizza
- 8 Sheets 14x9 inch Frozen Phyllo Dough, thawed
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 10 Ounce Pkg. Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 14 Ounce Can Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes drained
- 1 6 Ounce Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts drained and chopped
- 1/3 C. Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Flavor Crumbled Feta Cheese about 2 Ounces
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a large ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Layer each remaining sheet of phyllo, lightly spraying each layer with cooking spray.
- Crumble spinach over phyllo.
- Top evenly with tomatoes, artichokes and feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Transfer pizza to a large cutting board.
- Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut pizza into equal pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Leave a Reply