Espresso Fudge Brownie Recipe
Last Updated on
My love for coffee and espresso is ever-growing by the day. When a friend requested brownies, I knew I had to somehow incorporate the delicious goodness into my creation. The brownie recipe I found made them chewy, but if you like a more cake-like consistency you can try my original Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes. They're delish as well!
- 1 cup butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 teaspoons espresso powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease brownie pan.
- Melt butter. While still hot, add sugar and stir together.
- Combine eggs, cocoa, salt, espresso, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Add butter/sugar mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Add in flour and chocolate chips, stirring.
- Pour batter into greased 9×13 brownie pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes and allow brownies to cool before serving.
If you do not have espresso powder, you can use Starbuck's VIA packets or instant coffee but the flavor will not be as strong. I love the flavor of the espresso and dark chocolate together. They didn't last long in our house!