I will continue adding recipes until I run out of vintage recipe cards, so be…
My mom never really cooked much after my parents divorced (when I was 10), but she did like making French Toast and pancakes. She always let me help make it, and we always made it the same exact way every time. I never thought of trying to make it another way until I saw this recipe.
If you love French Toast, you'll love this Baked French Toast Recipe! It's so easy to make, and super moist. The kids will love it, too… that's always a plus. :)
Baked French Toast Recipe
8 cups cubed bread
2/3 cup white sugar
7 eggs whipped
1 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 box (3.2oz) Jello Cook and Serve Butterscotch (or any flavor) Pudding
1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or any nuts really (optional)
(Recipe yields 8 mini loaves)
Preheat oven to 350*.
Place cubed bread and nuts in a bowl.
In a small bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, pudding mix, and milk. Stir until well blended. I made Butterscotch French Toast, but you can make any flavor you'd like. You can use vanilla pudding mix and add cinnamon, even.
Add whipped eggs, and mix well. Pour the mixture over the cubed bread and nuts.
Stir mixture until well-coated, and let sit for about 15 minutes so the bread can soak it all up.
Spray mini loaf pan (I got mine on sale) or cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray, add mixture, and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm, drizzled with syrup. Yum!
Like it? Pin it!
Baked French Toast
- 8 C. Cubed Bread
- 2/3 C. White Sugar
- 7 Eggs Whipped
- 1 Stick Butter melted
- 1 1/2 C. Whole Milk
- 1 3.2 Ounce Box Jello Cook and Serve Butterscotch or any flavor Pudding
- 1 C. Chopped Pecans Walnuts, or preferred nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees F.
- Place cubed bread and nuts in a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, pudding mix, and milk. Stir until well blended.
- Add whipped eggs, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the cubed bread and nuts.
- Stir mixture until well-coated, and let sit for about 15 minutes so the bread can soak everything up.
- Spray mini loaf pan or cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add french toast mixture, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm, drizzled with syrup. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.