- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 -1/2 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ -1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½-3/4 of a cup of onion chopped, red or white
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of sriracha
- Spray olive oil for cooking
In your food processor, add all ingredients. Pulse until mixture comes together in a rough paste. It shouldn’t be completely smooth.
Shape the falafel mix into tablespoon-sized patties, about 1-inch in diameter.
Spray the air fryer basket with some nonstick olive oil or use parchment paper. Add as many falafel patties into the basket as you can without them touching and spray them with olive oil very lightly.
Air fry for 8 minutes at 350. Flip and fry for another 6 minutes on the second side.
Repeat until you use all the falafel mix. You should get 25 to 30 falafel patties.
Share on Facebook
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.