25 Ways to Cure a Headache
Last Updated on
25 Ways to Cure a Headache
Escaping to a relaxing spa for the day is the perfect way to cure a headache. However, I know we don't all have that luxury (at least I don't – and I'm guessing you don't either if you're here reading my list instead of chillin' at the spa)… so I asked the Slap Dash Minions for their best natural ways to cure a headache. Some of the answers might surprise you!
1. Kale – There may be some truth to this one.
2. Hydration – This is definitely true. If you have a headache, you might be dehydrated. Drink up!
3. Vicks Vapor Rub around your hairline – Rubbing Vicks on your temples does help!
4. Coffee – or any large amount of caffeine. This one works, but isn't the best option because caffeine withdrawals actually cause headaches.
5. Gatorade – as long as it's not a migraine, Gatorade works in the same way water does… but better.
6. 2 teaspoons of hot sauce – Lifehacker says you can cure headaches with peppers. Try it and let me know how it goes. ;)
7. Eucalyptus and mint candle – scents like mint, peppermint, eucalyptus, etc help when rubbed on your temples or if you breathe them in (like with bath salts, candles, etc).
8. Lavender – This is a calming scent, so I'm assuming it works on stress headaches.
9. BC Headache powder – Yes! From experience, I know this one works. It tastes disgusting, but is 100% worth it. BC Headache Powder
10. The gym – Not sure how you can make yourself go to the gym when you have a bad headache, but if you can, it might help.
11. Sleep – I know it's not always an option, but sleep in a cold, dark room helps my headaches.
12. Divorce – Ha!
13. Sex – Not sure about that one, get away from me with that noise when I have a headache!
14. Hot shower – or a cold one, depending on your triggers/relief.
15. Hot rice pack on the back of your neck, or a cold one. I prefer cold.
16. Selling your kids to the gypsies. Then drugs and sleep. Yes this was an actual suggestion. #DontJudge ;)
17. Bloody Mary – or any alcohol. I'm not sure about this one… lol.
18. Ice pack on your head, eyes, and neck. <<< Oh yes. This helps! 19. Frankincense oil on your thumb pressed to roof of your mouth. I haven't tried this one but a good friend recommended it.
20. Yoga – Best yoga poses for headache relief
21. Comfort food – Obviously this isn't the best options, especially if you're trying to lose weight… but headaches suck! Eat some mac & cheese and call it a day.
22. Fresh air and sun. Though you might not feel like it with a headache, getting outside should help – unless you're sensitive to sun. Then, back to square one. :)
23. Acupuncture – I know from experience that this works! I use my Zensufu Mat for headaches often.
24. Silence! — Not sure what that is… ;)
25. Peppermint oil – This one is worth repeating. Peppermint oil is amazing!